Authy Desktop users on Windows, Mac, or Linux may see an error message when the Authy desktop application is unable to synchronize your backed up tokens: Error: Tokens Could Not Be Backed Up. This guide explains what to check for if this issue occurs.
- Verify that Backups are enabled in the Authy app.
- Try opening a web page like www.authy.com to verify your computer has an active internet connection.
- Once your connection is validated, keep the Authy app open so our automated Backups synchronization can try again.
- If all of your accounts still haven't been backed up after 2 hours, reset your Backups password from the device with your un-synced accounts to re-trigger the upload process.
- If your accounts have not been backed up and synced across all of your Authy devices 2 hours after resetting your Backups password, please contact our Support team so we can investigate this issue.