Twitch Streamers and some viewers may be unable to successfully login to their Twitch account if they are unable to access the Authy two-factor authentication (2FA) code. While we are unable to disable Authy 2FA from your Twitch account, we can help you regain access to your Authy account. This guide is intended to help you with this process as efficiently as possible.
Please select the option that most closely matches your needs for detailed instructions:
- Authy Multi Device: If you have a secondary Authy installation that is already configured on a tablet, computer, etc., you can use it to add another device or update your phone number.
- Phone Change: Configure your existing Authy account on any device (no secondary installation available).
- Phone Number Change: Update the phone number on your existing Authy account (no secondary installation available).
IMPORTANT RECOVERY NOTES: You may be contacted by Authy during the course of the process and the timeliness of your responses will impact the total time involved. Please monitor your email (Including your spam folder) for emails from email@example.com.
All identification information must be provided using the links that are sent to you. Sending them to Authy in any other format cannot be accepted for security purposes.
In order to avoid future delays if your phone is lost/broken again, we recommend installing the Authy Desktop or Chrome App as soon as you regain account access. For help, please see Installing Authy Apps.
Authy Multi Device
If you have access to a secondary Authy installation that is already configured for your phone number on a tablet, computer, laptop, etc., you may be able to regain access on your own right away. Here's the process:
- Enable the Multi-Device option on this secondary installation.
- Download and install the Authy app on the device you're trying to configure.
- Once installed, enter your phone number to add this installation to your account.
- Approve this access request on the secondary Authy installation.
If you need to update your phone number, this can be done easily from Authy Multi-Device as well. You can find instructions for changing your phone number in each of the different Authy apps here: Phone Number Change Process for Authy.
If you need to configure your existing Authy account on a new or recently wiped device, and don't have access to a secondary installation, you can start the Account Recovery Process here: https://authy.com/phones/reset/?proceed=true
Notice: This process takes 24 hours; it cannot be rushed due to security protocols. If you do not have backups enabled yet, please do so before starting the account recovery to ensure that you do not lose any tokens.
Phone Number Change
If you need to update your phone number on your existing Authy account, and don't have access to a secondary installation, you can start the Phone Number Change Process here: https://authy.com/phones/change/?proceed=true
Notice: This process takes 48-72 hours; it cannot be rushed due to security protocols.
Additionally, this request can only be submitted through the secure online form linked above. Please don't send requests via email; we wouldn't want any information to be handled unsafely. During this review, our security system may attempt to verify ownership of the phone numbers through various means. Additional information may be requested from you to help verify your claim of ownership.