Authy Multi-Device can be used to allow multiple trusted devices to use the same Authy account. This can be a good option for users with a number of devices like a mobile phone and a tablet, or to quickly enable a new phone. In fact, when you first install the Authy app on any device, we encourage you to install it again on another device like a tablet or desktop, to use as a backup. Once your backup device is enabled, disable Multi-device to prevent the risk of any unauthorized devices being added (This will still allow you to access your account from all existing devices).
Please click the appropriate link for instructions on enabling or disabling Multi-device from each of our Authy Apps:
Enable or disable Authy Multi-Device on Android
- Open the Authy Android app.
- Tap the … (menu) icon in the upper right corner, and then select Settings.
- From the Devices tab, tap the Allow Multi-device switch to enable or disable.
Enable or disable Authy Multi-Device on the Chrome app
Notice: The Authy for Chrome App & Extension is no longer supported. For full details, see Authy for Chrome App & Extension End of Life.
- Open the Authy Chrome app.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper left corner.
- From the Devices tab, click the Multi-device checkbox to enable or disable.
Enable or disable Authy Multi-Device on Desktop - Linux, MacOS (OSX), or Windows
- Open the Authy desktop app.
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner.
- Click Devices.
- Click Enable or Disable next to Multi-device.
Enable or disable Authy Multi-Device on iOS
- Open the Authy iOS app.
- Tap Settings in the upper right corner.
- From the "Devices" tab, tap the Allow Multi-device switch to enable or disable.