The Authy mobile apps for iOS and Android both have an App Protection feature to help keep your 2FA accounts safe. Once enabled, App Protection will request a 4-digit PIN code or biometric check (fingerprint, Touch ID, or Face ID on supported devices) whenever the Authy mobile app is opened.
Alert: The App Protection PIN (and optional biometric data) is never stored in our servers. Make sure you write it down somewhere safe or use a PIN that only you know. If you ever forget your PIN, any 2FA account tokens that have not been backed up will be permanently lost. Users can, however, recover their Authy account by following the process here: Reinstalling Authy and Restoring Access to your Account.
Enable or Disable Authy App Protection on iOS
- Open the Authy iOS app.
- Tap Settings in the upper right corner.
- From the "My Account" tab, tap Security.
- Tap the Enable PIN switch to enable or disable.
- Enter and re-enter the desired 4-digit PIN code.
- OPTIONAL: To enable Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices, tap the appropriate ID Protection switch, and then enter your 4-digit PIN code.
- OPTIONAL: To protect the entire app, tap the switch.
To change the App Protection PIN, tap Settings > My Account tab > Security > Change Pin.
Enable or Disable Authy App Protection on Android
- Open the Authy Android app.
- Tap the … (menu) icon in the upper right corner, and then select Settings.
- From the "My Account" tab, tap App Protection.
- To enable App Protection, enter and re-enter the desired 4-digit PIN code.
- OPTIONAL: To enable biometrics on supported devices, tap the Biometrics switch.
To change the App Protection PIN, tap Settings > My Account tab > App Protection > Change Pin.