After attempting to recover your Authy account, you may receive an email advising that your account recovery request has been cancelled.
Why You're Getting This Error
The most likely causes of this cancellation are:
- Direct request from the account holder to cancel the recovery
- Automated cancellation when the account holder attempts to access their Authy account during the account recovery process.
Account Holder Cancellation Requests
Authy account holders can cancel an account recovery request at any time via a link on the automated email we send. If you need to cancel an account recovery, but are not the account holder, please contact the account holder directly.
Due to security processes involved with the account recovery process, it is imperative that an Authy account not be accessed during the 24 hours that the process takes to complete. Doing so will always result in an automatic cancellation of any open account recovery requests.
- This process may not be necessary If you have access to the account.
- This process won't reset your backup password - see Authy Backups Password Recovery for more information.
- This process won't recover any lost tokens.
In case you have a new phone number, to transfer the tokens from your old number to the current one please start a phone change from here.
How to Proceed
If your account recovery request has been cancelled, but you still need to recover, please restart the process by visiting our reset site here.
Please be mindful of the 24-hour process required to recover your account, and do not attempt to access your Authy account during this time as it will re-trigger the 2FA account recovery cancellation process again.