If your phone has been lost, stolen, or is inaccessible because it’s broken in some way, Authy has options for you to help restore access as quickly and securely as possible. These options will vary depending upon your situation, so please take a look which is the scenario you are experiencing and click to see the solution:
- New phones with the same phone number
- New phones with a different phone number and the Authy Chrome App IS installed and linked to the pre-existing number
- New phones with a different number and the Authy Chrome App IS NOT installed and linked to the number
In this situation, start the Account Recovery Process by going to: https://forms.authy.com/phones/reset
Please read before beginning the recovery process:
- Do not attempt to access your Authy account during the recovery process. Any attempt to do so will result in the process being cancelled (And having to start over again).
- This process takes 24 hours and there is no way to expedite due to security protocols.
- During this process, you will receive emails and messages from Authy from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org so please be on the lookout for them and add the address to your address book..
- If you have a Coinbase token, it will be deleted as part of this process and you will need to contact Coinbase to recover it.
- If you do not have backups enabled, please do so before starting the account recovery to ensure that you do not lose any tokens.
New phones with a different phone number and the Authy Chrome App IS installed and linked to the pre-existing number:
1. Open the Authy Chrome App on your computer/tablet.
2. Click the Settings icon, as shown here:
3. Edit the phone number, by clicking Edit in the Cellphone number field, entering the new number, and then clicking Save.
4. Click in the pop-up window.
5. You will then be presented with a Confirmation Pin window where you can choose SMS or a Call.
New phones with a different number and the Authy Chrome App IS NOT installed and linked to the number
You will need to perform an online phone change here: https://www.authy.com/phones/change/
Please read before beginning the phone change process:
- All identification information must be provided using the links that are sent to you. Sending them to Authy in any other format cannot be accepted for security purposes.
- This process normally takes 48-72 hours based on security protocols and we cannot expedite.
- You may be contacted by Authy during the course of the process and the timeliness of your responses will impact the total time involve. Please monitor your email (Including your spam folder) for emails from email@example.com.
In order to avoid these delays if your phone is lost/broken again, we recommend installing the Authy Chrome App as soon as your phone change is completed: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/authy/gaedmjdfmmahhbjefcbgaolhhanlaolb?hl=en