If your phone has been lost, stolen, or is inaccessible because it’s broken in some way, Authy has options for you to help restore access as quickly and securely as possible. These options will vary depending upon your situation, so please take a look which is the scenario you are experiencing and click to see the solution:
- You have a new device with the same number, and another Authy app IS installed and linked to your number
- You have a new device with the same number, but NO other Authy apps are installed
- You have a new device and a new phone number
IMPORTANT RECOVERY NOTES:
- All identification information must be provided using the links that are sent to you. Sending them to Authy in any other format cannot be accepted for security purposes.
- You may be contacted by Authy during the course of the process and the timeliness of your responses will impact the total time involve. Please monitor your email (Including your spam folder) for emails from email@example.com.
In order to avoid future delays if your phone is lost/broken again, we recommend installing the Authy Desktop or Chrome App as soon as you regain account access. For help, please see Installing Authy Apps.
If you get a new device, but keep your same phone number, AND have another Authy installation already configured for this number, you may be able to regain access without requesting an account recovery. If the Multi-Device option is enabled, you can just re-download the Authy app, and enter your old phone number to regain access. If Multi-Device is not enabled, you will need to request an account recovery.
For full details, please see our article on Authy Account Multi-device.
If you get a new or replacement phone, and need to re-configure your Authy account, start the Account Recovery Process by going to: https://forms.authy.com/phones/reset
Please note that this process takes 24 hours; it cannot be rushed due to security protocols.
If you do not have backups enabled yet, please do so before starting the account recovery to ensure that you do not lose any tokens.
If you need to update both your device AND phone number, a different set of processes will apply. For more information, please see Phone Number Change Process for Authy.