Your 2FA secured account tokens can be deleted from Authy at any time. Once marked for deletion, a token will be completely removed from Authy in 48 hours. Users can undelete or recover this token before the 48 hours have elapsed, but afterwards it will be gone for good.
Warning: 2FA security must be disabled on your secured user account -BEFORE- deleting your Authy account token. This needs to be performed on the token account's website, or by contacting them for assistance.
If you delete your Authy account token prior to disabling 2FA security on the website for your 2FA token account, you will be unable to login to your account.
Please click the appropriate link to see how to delete an account token from each of our Authy Apps:
Notice: To find and undelete an account token within the 48h timeframe, go to Settings > Accounts.
Delete a 2FA account token on Android
- Open the Authy Android app.
- Tap the … (menu) icon in the upper right corner, and then select Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap and hold the desired authenticator account, and then select Remove.
- A notification window will be displayed advising your account will be deleted in 48 hours. Tap OK.
Delete a 2FA account token on the Chrome App
Notice: The Authy for Chrome App & Extension is no longer supported. For full details, see Authy for Chrome App & Extension End of Life.
- Open the Authy Chrome app.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper left corner.
- Click External Accounts.
- Click the Trash Can icon next to the desired authenticator account.
- A notification window will be displayed advising your account will be deleted in 48 hours. Click Accept.
Delete a 2FA account token on Desktop - Linux, MacOS (OSX), or Windows
- Open the Authy Desktop app.
- Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner.
- Click Accounts.
- Click the desired authenticator account.
- Click Delete.
- A notification message will be displayed advising your account will be deleted in 48 hours.
Delete a 2FA account token on iOS
- Open the Authy iOS app.
- Tap Settings in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap Accounts at the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the desired authenticator account, and then slide it to the left.
- Tap the Delete button that appears on the right to delete the 2FA token.
Hide a 2FA account token
You may hide an Authy-powered token using the same process as above, but because this data belongs to the Authy partner, the token will not be deleted unless that partner's server sends a request to Authy's API to turn off 2FA for you. If you believe you have turned off 2FA and the token persists, please contact the support team of that partner to see if there was a problem turning off 2FA, to ensure you will still be able to access your account without any problems in the future.
Decrypt a 2FA account token
If you are seeing a message about 'decrypting your tokens' preventing you from adding a new token, this message is a warning protecting accounts from having backup passwords change before the tokens in the app are ready to use (decrypted by your backup password). You can only add more tokens or change the backup password if you decrypt any old tokens first. If you don't know your backup password any more, you will need to delete your tokens first then start over.
If you think you do know your last used password, you should exit the settings page of the app and go back to the token list. You will see the authenticator tokens have red locks on them - pick one and enter the password. Now you can proceed to add more tokens.